on Monday, March 13, 2017 3:57:00 PM
Nutritional Value Of Lemons
A glass of lemon juice contains less than 25 calories. It is a rich source of nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fibre. It also has medicinal values and antibacterial properties. It also contains traces of iron and vitamin A. Lemon, a fruit popular for its therapeutic properties, helps maintain your immune system and thus, protects you from the clutches of most types of infections. It also plays the role of a blood purifier. Lemon is a fabulous antiseptic and lime-water juice also works wonders for people having heart problems, owing to its high potassium content. So, make it a part of your daily routine to drink a glass of warm lemon water in the morning and enjoy its health benefits.
Read on for more interesting information on the benefits of warm lemon water.
16 Health Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water
1.Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies.
2. Lemons contain pectin fibre which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial.
3. It balances to maintain the pH levels in the body.
4.Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins.
5.It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile.
6. It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
7. It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases.
8. It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
9. It helps cure the common cold.
10.The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells.
11. It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
12.It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of a heartburn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief
13.It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne 14.It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems.
15.Aids in the production of digestive juices.
16. Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session.
Packed with all the goodness, make it a point to begin your day with a glass of warm lemon water. Its cleansing and healing effects will have positive effects on your health in the long run. However, it is very important to note that when lemon juice comes directly in contact with the teeth, can ruin the enamel on the teeth. Hence, it is advised to consume it diluted and also rinse your mouth thoroughly after drinking lemon juice.